The engagement process will reach out to a wide cross-section of residents, community and business leaders and stakeholders. It will begin with a series of in-depth stakeholder interviews, a community cultural survey, online feedback options and presence at cultural events throughout the month of July 2011.
You can participate in the development of a shared vision for a cultural plan for Qualicum Beach, as well as help define concrete actions and priorities through the following:
- A Cultural Survey - will be distributed electronically across the community. Click here to take survey
- Get on the Map - if you are arts, culture and heritage worker, please fill out the on-line form to be included in the database and map.
- In-Depth Interviews - conducted with representatives of various cultural, business and community groups in the Town.
- On-line Feedback - the outcomes will be posted to the website for comment and the community is encouraged to stay updated through the Town's Facebook page.
- Presence at Community Events- have questions or want to complete the survey? Look for the Making Culture Count! table at the Primrose Street Faire on Friday nights and the Farmer's Market on Saturday Mornings throughout July.
- Community Cultural Forum - to be held in the Fall (date to be determined) -will report on early findings and invite the community to help shape vision and overall direction for the final plan.
- Final Open House - (following the Cultural Forum) A final public meeting will be held to communicate the final plan and launch the implementation process.